BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Re: Rhythm and Hues

COW Forums : Business & Career Building

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Andrew Kimery
Re: Rhythm and Hues
on Mar 2, 2013 at 6:52:27 am

[Nick Griffin] "Discount shooting and cheaper editing are no substitute for knowing what's of interest to the target audience as well as what other marketers are saying to them. Hopefully this advantage will continue to matter. "
I agree but the clients looking for that are just a subset of the larger overall client base which now has more options than ever. Non-discerning clients (or just cheap clients) will make their decision 90% based on price. And I just don't mean the traditional 'grinder' clients either. I've worked for large companies that just want people churn out edits because when the project comes in under budget management gets a bonus. Of course this hurts the company long term because you can only coast for so long churning out mediocre product but management seems content to milk the cash cow until it dies.

There certainly is a lot of upheaval right now in part because 'good enough' knowledge and good enough tools are available to the masses in ways they weren't even 5yrs ago and the trend is just going to continue. Pretty soon editing and creating a cool composite shot won't be any different than someone casually learning guitar because they want to strum out a few songs at the next beach bonfire they go to. The silver lining is that people still make livings as musicians. There's just more competition now than there was 200yrs ago.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]