BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Re: Rhythm and Hues

COW Forums : Business & Career Building

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mark Suszko
Re: Rhythm and Hues
on Mar 1, 2013 at 8:06:31 pm

Is this very different from what happened with Digital Domain in Florida? I don't know any staff or people that worked with either. The lack of comments may just be people being cautious with what they say, in case they want work later.

I read a comment elsewhere that suggested there is only a small market of FX-heavy films in production at any one time to support and employ the really big VFX houses.

I think it could also be that there are enough boutique sized FX houses out there to piecemeal out the work to, for less money, in a race to the bottom on rates. The problem I see with that is, a boutique house may be quite good enough to do the work you currently ask for, but it may lack the resources to develop new innovations, stuff that they write custom code for: the new effects and approaches that open up the industry for everyone from TV to games to films, and that leads to stagnation in technology development.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]