BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Re: I need a change; what would you do?

COW Forums : Business & Career Building

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Sareesh Sudhakaran
Re: I need a change; what would you do?
on Aug 24, 2012 at 9:38:16 am

"It was the best work environment imaginable when I started several years ago, and continued to be until the last 6-12 months"

I have worked in many countries with people from all around the world, and the one thing I've learnt is that there isn't such a thing as a perfect workplace, unless you make it so.

So your company has hit a rough patch. So what? You are perfectly entitled to look for better opportunities, but -

What if you can create the opportunities for yourself?

What if you could -
Find out why your organization is going south
Put together a plan to reverse this trend, no matter how bad the situation
Inspire some trustworthy and supportive friends to help you
Walk into your boss's office - whoever is most likely to care - and present this plan
Is your boss the devil himself? Present your ideas in such a way that'll make him/her look good
They'll probably refuse or try to avoid you. Keep doing it until they say yes
Take charge, deal with the responsibility, and make the plan a reality

I've done the exact same thing more than once, and I have heard many 'nays', but they always ended in an 'aye'. I've got a few bosses to agree to some crazy ideas. Isn't this what sales people do every day - handle negativity, apathy and rejection?

Only if you've talked to everyone there is to talk to, and tried everything there is to be tried, are you allowed to throw in the towel.

Or you could find another job and hope the next organization will make you set for life. Nothing wrong with it at all. You just need to decide what suits you best.

Hope this helps.

http://wolfcrow.com/blog/ - Workflow information and support for filmmakers, photographers, audiographers and videographers.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]