BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Re: I need a change; what would you do?

COW Forums : Business & Career Building

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Micah McDowell
Re: I need a change; what would you do?
on Aug 23, 2012 at 8:30:18 pm

Mark, thanks for your insight. You bring up some points that make this an interesting situation.

I originally got into my job as a volunteer (it is a large church... non-profit). I loved the work and would have done it for free at the time, but I ended up with a great job and salary. Now, it makes me hesitate to go down the same road again, for fear that I'd end up in the same place. As far as interests, I'm a bit of a musician and interested in things of that nature, but I haven't figured out how to make that into a career, related to video or not.

No chance of promotion; staff members have been leaving rapidly as of late, and no significant new hires. Duties just get shuffled around and folded into other people's job descriptions, or done away with all together. In example: we no longer have an administrator for our network, so when someone has a problem, I'm now the unofficial go-to guy and get to figure out how to fix it or it doesn't get done, ever. However, family members and friends of administration get whatever they want, whenever. Most of the poorest decisions seem to be coming from the top, so I don't think I want to stick around.

I appreciate the advice for looking for a direction. Now, just where to go...

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]