BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

How to become a millionaire with your current video business

COW Forums : Business & Career Building

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Brent Dunn
How to become a millionaire with your current video business
on Aug 15, 2012 at 6:30:59 pm

Over the years, I've worn many hats. My video production business has brought in steady income, but as it currently is, I cannot see it becoming a multimillion dollar business with some major changes.

I've spoken with and listened to successful business persons that are millionaires and one thing they have in common is huge personal sacrifice.

Most have been divorced one or more times. Many miss out on seeing their children grow-up. They are probably at work more times than at home and many times travel weekly.

Having a business plan, vision, and path to growth also leads to making a conscious decision to give up a lot. Unless you win the lottery, these are things that have to be done.

If you are married, your spouse will need to have a clear understanding and be totally supportive of your endeavors. Many spouses say they support their mates at the beginning until they realize that they never see each other, then relationships can become sour. Having a spouse with shared vision and being married to someone what is also highly motivated to succeed, certainly helps.

I'm writing this mini article to share what many in the business already realize, but what newcomers fail to acknowledge. There is a path to riches, but is it worth it?

Brent Dunn
Owner / Director / Editor
DunnRight Films
DunnRight Video.com
Video Marketing Toolbox.net

Sony EX-1,
Canon 5D Mark II
Canon 7D
Mac Pro Tower, Quad Core,
with Final Cut Studio

HP i7 Quad laptop
Adobe CS-5 Production Suite