BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Re: A Chicago Giant falls

COW Forums : Business & Career Building

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mark Suszko
Re: A Chicago Giant falls
on Nov 2, 2011 at 4:48:10 pm

Well, we don't know the whole score, seems like the big trouble was in their banking, not their tech. They were up to date on technology and had great service, a lot of knowledge you could tap. Their financials weren't working out. The article I read said they had a bridge loan ready to sign but it fell thru on Sunday night and they locked doors Monday, from what I can tell. If you're not from Chicago, it doesn't strike you quite as hard but Roscor was an institution for a long time, it was just as solid as the concrete under your feet. And then one day it is gone, poof.

Its getting harder and harder to find a great VAR. When newbies come here for advice most pros advise they get with a VAR for guidance and support. But these are getting more and more scarce. ProMax is a shadow of itself from Charles' day, for example. The trend seems to be towards box shops that are glad to sell you everything, but sketchy on support after the sale. More and more, you're left to find an expert consultant on your own, or rely on the kindness of strangers and friends on sites like the COW. I don't know, but it seems like we're stepping forward with the right foot and simultaneously stepping backwards with the other. And you can't dance for very long while doing that.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]