BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Re: A Chicago Giant falls

COW Forums : Business & Career Building

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mark Suszko
Re: A Chicago Giant falls
on Nov 2, 2011 at 3:34:47 pm

By way of a eulogy for Roscor, they were a huge help to us, even more so after Swiderski died off. They offered great consulting services and a wealth of know-how as well as the rentals and lease/purchases we heavily relied upon. The article in Ruth Ratny's paper makes noises about retaining a core staff and re-organizing, but they will be losing hundreds of man-years' worth of experience no matter what.

Gary Adcock was saying (paraphrasing now) that the rental business took a big hit because the gear became affordable enough you could just own it. Also, Roscor was carrying a huge amount of debt on all their facilities and inventory(end paraphrase).

I wonder how VER is doing today? I think the new economic landscape may require you to either be really small and agile, or as huge as possible, to spread out the expenses over a gigantic client base. there is no middle anymore, the industry resmbles a donut more and more.

What's left in Chicago? Zacuto comes to mind. Video Replay was a smaller outfit and it's owner recently retired and sold off the company to his son. And I'm kinda stumped as to what else is left in town for broadcast rental, lease/purchase, and consulting engineering services. It's not like we can call Geek Squad, you know.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]