BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Re: Who's on first?

COW Forums : Business & Career Building

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mark Suszko
Re: Who's on first?
on Aug 1, 2011 at 4:52:17 pm

Your wife's going to be an excellent sounding board for you on this then. She can put a therapists' context on the business relationship you've fallen into with client "A".

I'm going to guess she tells you to put "A" on the back-burner and conentrate on building a good relationship with "B". By the time you are done with "B" and ready to resume with "A", "A" may have their act together. In the meanwhile, you put that time to productive and financially rewarding use with "B".

And like I said, if you don't like the slow pay or no-pay relationship with "A", that is never going to change unless and until you hold back delivery in expectation of payment. It may be too late with "A" to change them much if this has gone on so long it has become "baked into" the business relationship. If that's the case your only real option is an ultimatum. In this economy, that's not a choice made lightly, I understand. One way to test the flexibility of "A" would be to make them sign a new contract on the next job, with better terms for you in it.

Like I said before, I think you've probably already made the right decision on your own and in the end it's only you that can. What others here can do, based on their experiences, is confirm your logic or counter it with an alternative view/opinion. That's what I meant by "validation".

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]