BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Who's on first?

COW Forums : Business & Career Building

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mick Haensler
Who's on first?
on Aug 1, 2011 at 12:19:07 pm

So I have two decent projects working right now as well as my ongoing contract managing a DS network. Client A is a longstanding client who gave me my first contract when I started my business. While pleasant to work with, they come to the table with vague ideas, poorly written scripts if any, lots of change requests, complain about the invoice, drag their feet on approvals, and worst of all pay 60 net. Client B is new, high energy, high profile project with more to come if I do a good job on the first one(no bull, the guy is legit), and best of all, gave me a CC number and said, "just make sure to let me know when you bill it and send me an invoice, now go create". He has no issue with any of my rates, we gel personally and professionally and is reasonable in his requests.

I have one project for Client A that was finished and billed 30 days ago, at the time my cash flow wasn't great and requested that they pay early this time to help a brother out seeing as I had just gotten ripped off for a great deal of money from another client who went belly up. Client says, I'll see what I can do. Haven't seen it yet. Meanwhile, we start another project, I get a rough to them, they drag their feet with the changes once again. Client B meanwhile who has been paying as he goes, needs his project ASAP. So who gets the priority? Client A's project was in the pipeline first BTW. My inclination is to give Client A the same priority that they give me and work on Client B's project first.

Mick Haensler
Higher Ground Media

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]