BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Re: Grounds for legal action. What would you guys do?

COW Forums : Business & Career Building

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mark Suszko
Re: Grounds for legal action. What would you guys do?
on Jul 22, 2011 at 9:40:22 pm

A follow-up, Dylan:

I had a situation like yours happen to me just late this week. We phone conferenced with five-six people 48 hours ago and set everything up for a two-hour live multicam software demo interactive webcast, with live phone-in Q&A, they were all gung-ho and set a date.... and so we started assembling the sets and lighting today in anticipation of a shoot early next week.

Late today (Friday), they seem to have put the kibosh on it all... or maybe just delayed it. They're toying with using VOIP/web-based sharing instead, but they're paying about the same to get less features and capability, is what they are going to find out early next week.

I'm not mad about it; the urgency of the upcoming event spurred action to get some tweaks done to our lighting grid, and some of our IT infrastructure, in anticipation of client needs. These things remain useful for every client to follow, whether these guys turn out to be "tire-kickers" or not.

Hey, I got a "squeezer" for my Leko out of it, which I'd been wanting to get for literally years, and we got the new set, set up and lit, now we can take pics of it next week to put in our "catalog" for all future clients to reference and see what we can do on short notice.

And, guess what happened a few hours after the maybe-cancellation. Another old client called out fo the blue, wanting to do something very similar to the project that just got side-tracked. We told them that we've got everything ready to go on an hour's notice, and they were impressed at how "responsive" we were:-)

Always look on the bright side of life...:-)

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]