BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Re: Grounds for legal action. What would you guys do?

COW Forums : Business & Career Building

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Dylan Hargreaves
Re: Grounds for legal action. What would you guys do?
on Jul 21, 2011 at 10:48:02 pm

[David Johnson] "By the way, from your own initial description of the situation, you seem to be upset with the guy for telling you the truth instead of lying to you, which seems a little odd. That's not to say that cancelling on you at the last minute was right ... just that, by the way you described the situation, it sounds like you would have no issue with it if he had just told you a blatant lie instead."

You're right, I would've preferred a lie! Just turning round a week before the shoot and saying, 'oh by the way, it's off. This other company are gonna do it instead' is the behaviour of a colossal ass. At least tell me you've got a cashflow crisis or something!

But the more I think about it, the more I'm actually angry with the other company. They clearly went to some effort jump on in there which in my book is pretty unethical. Maybe they're struggling a bit with the downturn and are desperate for the work. Sucks to be them, then.

Anyway, it looks like there's pretty much universal agreement that calling in the lawyers in this instance is probably not the best idea, so like I say, he can have a crappy weekend worrying about it and find out on Monday I'm walking away. Might just give him pause for thought about how to do business next time.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]