BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Re: Grounds for legal action. What would you guys do?

COW Forums : Business & Career Building

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Dylan Hargreaves
Re: Grounds for legal action. What would you guys do?
on Jul 21, 2011 at 9:13:17 pm

Hey Mark,

Thanks for the reply, (and Patrick too). I admit, threatening legal action does seem a bit disproportionate.

Just a few days ago, I had another, much bigger, job, via a PR agency cancel for no other reason than their client got cold feet on the idea and I'm not doing anything about that. Sure, it's disappointing but I know that these things happen.

What I'm pissed about in this instance is the quite disrespectful way this particular client has gone about it. He even told me on the phone that the other company initially quoted him higher than my quote, only to match mine when he told them what I was charging. So me threatening legal action is kind of an FU to them as well.

My main consideration is knock-on effects. Could I get a bad rep? Yes, it's a possibility. Would that be worth it? Probably not.

But I'm interested to get some ideas about what other people would do in my situation. So far, I've got 2 people telling they'd likely just leave it, so that's definitely something to think about.

Maybe just giving the guy a few sleepless nights will be revenge enough...

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]