BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Invoice Issue (did I overstep?)

COW Forums : Business & Career Building

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Aaron Cadieux
Invoice Issue (did I overstep?)
on Jul 13, 2011 at 3:39:36 pm

Hello,

I have been having problems collecting money from clients. It has gotten so bad that I have instituded a new policy. Before turning over finished work, I now require my clients to either pay on-the-spot of delivery, or sign a contract. The contract requires payment within two weeks of the delivery date. Failure to pay within the two weeks results in late fees. I have some clients that have traditionally paid quickly, so for those long-term relationships, I don't require them to fill out the contract. Any new clients, or troublesome clients must pay immediately, or fill out the contract.

I have a new client who is balking at the contract. He sees it as a personal attack and sign of mistrust. I told him that it's nothing personal against him or his company, and that it's simply my policy. He then lectured me about "how the business works" and what the usual wait-time is for vendor payments. I asked him if he gets upset when a rental car company requires him to sign a contract before taking the rental car out on the road.

Is my new policy unfair? Is it insulting? Is this unorthodox? Thanks in advance for your respones.

Best,

Aaron

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]