BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Re: Advice on new business (contracts/insurance/etc)

COW Forums : Business & Career Building

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Dominick Pietrzak
Re: Advice on new business (contracts/insurance/etc)
on Jun 26, 2011 at 3:13:49 am

Well, I requested a tax certificate anyway, just in case I need to charge tax for something in the future. I will talk to a CPA in my area, who I believe is the guy that setup my corporation. He was running late last time I went so we kinda hurried out. Thanks for all of the info, Todd. I agree that the services I'm providing should not be subject to sales tax, especially after reading about tax stuff online.

I agree about your statement on the contact form, Neil. I realized after you wrote that, that I always hate filling those out and never want to, haha. So I put some basic rates back up, but I also wrote that they are only meant to be used as estimates, as project requirements are all different and might cost more/less.

I have another question:

How do I go about filming live events? I've been covering school concerts/plays at the High School I went to, and what I do is I film the concert and then sell the DVDs of it. I don't mind that I barely make any money off it, as I'm good friends with the staff/teachers, and I'm glad to help 'em out. I'll probably continue doing that for them, but what about other concerts I might want to do at other places? Do you charge per DVD, or do you do a flat rate like, let's say $400 which includes 20 DVDs, and then if they want more it's extra?

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]