BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Advice on new business (contracts/insurance/etc)

COW Forums : Business & Career Building

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Dominick Pietrzak
Advice on new business (contracts/insurance/etc)
on Jun 18, 2011 at 5:16:14 am

Hey everyone! I've been reading a lot on the site, especially the insurance recommendations, and there's a lot of great information. I've decided to go with Traveler's Insurance, but I've yet to actually get it.

I recently started a business in which I would make videos for people's websites and offer services such as shooting short films, promo videos, and other video projects. I registered the company as an "S" Corp, and here is my website: http://www.dominickfilms.com

I was looking for advice on contracts. Where can I get them and how do I go about having clients sign them? Do I meet with the client prior to shooting? Or can they just "accept" it when leaving a deposit online.

That brings me to another question, when would they send the deposit? I've decided that I would take a 50% deposit before shooting, and then the remaining balance when the final product is ready.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! (feedback on the site would be great, too)

Thanks,
Dominick

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]