BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Re: Advice regarding an Unbearable Client I don't want to lose

COW Forums : Business & Career Building

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mick Haensler
Re: Advice regarding an Unbearable Client I don't want to lose
on Jun 17, 2011 at 3:29:09 pm

OK, hourly, great.

1. They don't care about quality so why should you. Do your job, keep quiet, get paid and say thank you very much
2. Obviously the clients don't care about quality either or they would be out of business. Do your job, keep quiet, get paid and say thank you very much
3. Stop answering the phone when they call for free tech support, they will get the hint. Do your job, keep quiet, get paid and say thank you very much
4. When they ask you to "rip apart the rack", politely inform them that tech work like that will be at a much higher hourly rate with no guarantees until you get in there and roll up your sleeves. Or, they can call an expert and you'll be happy to supervise for your current hourly rate. Do your job, keep quiet, get paid and say thank you very much
5. Be prepared to walk.

I've used this formula successfully on two current contracts that I've had for years. Neither one would kill me if I lost them so it's a bit easier to put my foot down. Bottom line is, they will grind you to death if you let them, or cause you to get on blood pressure meds. Clients like these don't care and it's not your job to "show them the light". It's like trying to teach a pig to sing, you'll waste your time and besides, it annoys the heck out of the pig

Mick Haensler
Higher Ground Media

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]