BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Re: Advice regarding an Unbearable Client I don't want to lose

COW Forums : Business & Career Building

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Craig Seeman
Re: Advice regarding an Unbearable Client I don't want to lose
on Jun 17, 2011 at 1:40:27 pm

[Donell Hall] "I have a list of things that need, things that can be improved, things that will make it all run smoother it seems to fall on deaf hears when it comes to spending more money."

Maybe the problem is the pitch. Put together a short proposal that a business person (bean counting penny pincher) would understand. Set it up as a separate meeting (maybe at the end of the season where there's less risk for you if need be). Explain the cost of the changes vs ROI. They need to see how it will either save them or make them more money (even if it just means less downtime/faster turnaround).

For your own growth it can move you from camera operator to systems integrator at least in this area. Don't approach it as part of free time to make changes to make your life easier for this gig. Approach it as a systems integration gig for the same client. If you can really show them a savings vs cost, you might win.
Keep in mind they initially have no interest in changing anything because they see cost but no gain. You really need to put together a proper and formal pitch so it makes sense to a business person looking at the piggy bank.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]