BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Re: unbilled time

COW Forums : Business & Career Building

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Todd Terry
Re: unbilled time
on Jun 24, 2010 at 1:33:04 pm

"...all the, 'let's talk, I'll call you, can you explain . . . ' that goes on for what seems like nearly every job I do."

Oh yeah, we get that all the time too. And we're happy to give someone a five minute phone call... but if someone wants to yammer on for an hour, they pay for it.

Fortunately we don't do too many new clients... maybe only three or four brand new ones a month. Most of them are established clients (mostly ad agencies) that we have worked with for years. That helps in that we know which ones are going to be meeting-crazy, and which ones leave us alone. That helps us figure in how much pre-prod time will be needed and will be included in their original cost estimate for the project. With some, we know we won't need any... with others, we know it's safe to include 8 hours or so of that. I think with most of our projects we usually count on about 3 or 4 hours of clients meetings, conference calls, etc.

With brand-new clients it's harder... we just have to try to get a feel for them at our first contact and try to guess whether they are going to need a lot of on-the-clock handholding.

It's not an exact science by any stretch, but it seems to be the best we can do.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]