BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Re: unbilled time

COW Forums : Business & Career Building

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bob Cole
Re: unbilled time
on Jun 24, 2010 at 10:12:13 am

Good points and thanks.

Craig, re billing at a rate that assumes another hour or so of unbilled time: I agree, of course; but some clients' projects need tons of post-prod. "garbage time" and others take almost none. The ratio of billed to unbilled hours varies tremendously from project to project, and that doesn't seem fair to the clients who pay the freight for others.

Billing for pre-production, as Todd points out, is accepted practice. Would that projects could be planned so well that pre-production leads to shooting leads to editing. But some projects (& clients) require as much "pre-production type" time after the shoot as before. I find myself researching additional footage sources, dealing with discussions about revisions, rewriting the script -- sometimes chewing up most of a day -- on unbilled time, for an edit that will take a couple hours. It's a flaw in my system. I think if I just had a good name for the time, I could bill it.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]