BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Re: Grinding back when good clients start to Grind

COW Forums : Business & Career Building

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ron Lindeboom
Re: Grinding back when good clients start to Grind
on Jun 23, 2010 at 6:42:44 pm

[Craig Seeman] "We've all know about grinders but the "new" paradigm to look out for is that clients who weren't grinders may become such and each of us may need to draw a line to demark when that happens."

As you said, Craig, your usual "billing thirds" were met by this erstwhile client -- but when they departed from that rule, I think it safe to say that is when they crossed the line into being a grinder.

They confirmed their new status when they ignored your bills for a paltry amount.

They locked their new grinder status into concrete when they used one of the oldest tricks in the book -- the ever predictable "we need it now, it's an emergency" crapola -- and refused to pay before delivery.

When people try that one on me, I tell them straight out: "I have an emergency too, I have bills that are coming due."

I also point them to my article "Clients or Grinders: The Choice Is Yours" and tell them to read it. They get the point.

Best regards,

Ron Lindeboom
CEO, CreativeCOW.net

Creativity is a type of learning process where the teacher and pupil are located in the same individual.

Graveyards are full of people the world couldn't do without.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]