BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Re: Studying for the business - looking for helpful advice

COW Forums : Business & Career Building

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Rich Mayer
Re: Studying for the business - looking for helpful advice
on Nov 13, 2009 at 6:52:12 pm

it really comes down to what you want to do, you already expressed interest in editing and post-production. This is a field where basically getting a job comes down to your reel and what programs you know how to operate, learn the basics AVID, Final Cut and even Premiere and learn After Effects, all the time when I see people looking for editors they always add some knowledge on After Effects.

I think getting an intership is a good way to start, and once you are in, try to make contacts and help everybody you can... I started as an intern and then the same station gave me a job basically because I was there the whole day already, but to this day they would probably tell you I was the best intern ever, while everybody was complaining about their responsibilities and the pay I was doing their job, I didnt care about getting paid I was learning, that was my mentality. A lot of people didnt like me because in doing my best I was making them look bad, you cant worry about those people, let them bitch and complain, 15 years later some of them dont work in television anymore while I have my own company. So never become part of that group of the ones who are always complaining on what they dont give them

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]