BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Re: Hammered

COW Forums : Business & Career Building

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Shane Ross
Re: Hammered
on Oct 23, 2009 at 1:43:21 am

This is happening everywhere. History Channel...now doing NON-history stuff. Ice Road Truckers? Axmen? This is HISTORY? Oh...wait, they have a new tagline now... "History made every day." Ahhh, NOW I get it.

And Discovery...they have a HUGE hit with Planet Earth, that they did with the BBC. But do they want to follow that up with other shows in that vein? Noooooo... they make a REALITY SHOW where they CAST people from 5 states, put them in a warehouse in LA, made it "post apocalyptic LA" and told them to "survive." This is THE COLONY.

I too haven't watched SyFy at all. I am not watching Warehouse 13...and all the other SciFi shows never did it for me. Stargate, Farscape, Flash Gordon... and no, I have never gotten Dr. Who. The normal shows that they make (well, I like Eureka) are all typical drek... Battlestar soared above.

But the rebranding to try to get more MASS appeal is a disease that is hitting all the networks. I liked channels with themes...you knew what you were getting. Now? People just all want that same old demographic... Men aged 18-49, Women aged 16-35...and they all aim for that.

Yup, all started falling to crap when MUSIC TELEVISION no longer aired Music Videos. Oh, from 3-6 am they do.

ugh.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:
  • Hammered by Mark Suszko on Oct 22, 2009 at 9:28:05 pm
    • Re: Hammered by walter biscardi on Oct 22, 2009 at 10:17:24 pm
      • Re: Hammered by John Davidson on Oct 23, 2009 at 12:34:12 am
        • Re: Hammered by Ron Lindeboom on Oct 23, 2009 at 12:48:21 am
    • Re: Hammered by grinner hester on Oct 23, 2009 at 12:17:56 am
      • Re: Hammered by Chris Blair on Oct 23, 2009 at 12:55:57 am
        • Re: Hammered by walter biscardi on Oct 23, 2009 at 12:58:56 am
          • Re: Hammered by Shane Ross on Oct 23, 2009 at 1:43:21 am

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved