BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Re: A Major Motion Picture in HDV

COW Forums : Business & Career Building

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Nick Griffin
Re: A Major Motion Picture in HDV
on Apr 17, 2009 at 11:25:46 am

Walt showed me the before and after on this India footage and his color grading on it was MASTERFUL. Yes. He truly made the story by adding mood and focus in some places and colorful excitement in others which simply did not exist in the original footage. (As said in Wayne's World while bowing feverishly, "We're not worthy. We're not worthy!")

So what happens when there's decent footage to begin with? Can't better work come from starting with a better product? I believe the answer is fairly obvious.

And while I have little doubt that Planet Earth was helped in post there are so many aspects of its cinematogrpahy -- ie. - the the one man hot air balloon camera gliding through the treetops -- that simply could not be on screen without it.

Then there's one of my favorites, production music. Put great music behind mediocre to adequate footage and suddenly no one notices the video, just how dramatic the scene is. Oops. There I've given away one of my secrets to how I pass myself off as a cameraman.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]