BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Re: A Major Motion Picture in HDV

COW Forums : Business & Career Building

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

walter biscardi
Re: A Major Motion Picture in HDV
on Apr 17, 2009 at 3:10:36 am

[Nick Griffin] "Well you can't expect to have the look of Discovery Channel's Planet Earth from a DV camcorder either. But just as Jon and Walter point out, the storytelling needs to carry the project, not the equipment. In fact, the equipment and it's limitations can sometimes help the project. "

What's interesting about that is I met one of the editors of that series and from he told me, Color Grading saved many of the shots in that series. Many did not look nearly as good out of the can or during the edit as they did after Color grading was done.

We just completed a project recently that was all shot Z1U in India and they had some overblown white and just bad color issues on a lot of the footage. I did some serious color enhancement in Apple Color to completely change the look of the original footage into something that really helped tell the story.

So even after the footage is shot, what you do with it in post can make or break the story.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
HD and SD Production for Broadcast and Independent Productions.

Read my Blog!

STOP STARING AND START GRADING WITH APPLE COLOR Apple Color Training DVD available now!

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]