BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Re: Truth about future plans in job hunt

COW Forums : Business & Career Building

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Tim Pearce
Re: Truth about future plans in job hunt
on Mar 22, 2009 at 1:22:51 pm

Thanks for all the advice so far- you've all given me so much to think about

Bob, you were right about google. I searched just my name with no other keywords like my location or things relating to filmmaking - and I found my creative cow profile at the bottom of the second page! And when I clicked the link it brought me right to a list of all my posts... I didn't think that it would be so accessible. I thought that anyone would have to spend ages searching through hits for all the other Tim Pearces out there before getting to any of my posts.

I coincidentally heard a radio program about honesty and they talked to some author who wrote a book about how lies help society. People admit to telling a lot of lies - but most of them are positive because they're told to support other people or avoid being cruel. He also talked about people lying to themselves about things like abilities, attractiveness, etc. - and these lies can be incredibly beneficial to one's well-being. There was also someone who wrote about an experiment he performed where he told everyone the 100% truth for a month. He related some awkward moments where people became very upset at his honesty. Very interesting.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]