BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Client has 7 month response time

COW Forums : Business & Career Building

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Craig Seeman
Client has 7 month response time
on Jun 27, 2008 at 2:22:20 pm

I wonder if this is a record for slow moving clients.

I sent a second cut on a project 7 months ago and the client is first responding now with revisions for final edit.

Background:
I did a one day shoot for a client with an internationally distributed product 9 months ago. It was the kind of project that would usually be done with two days of editing. They were in a hurry to start editing.

I sent them a window dub and the producer shows up apparently not having taken a close look at it. I made sure the date was a couple of days after they got the dub. They originally wanted the day after the shoot which would have upped the cost because they'd be screening during edit time since I think the client wasn't aware of an efficient workflow. The client had to leave after a couple of hours. I completed the rough cut and send it to them.

A month later, I hadn't heard back and followed up asking if the project was still alive. Nearly a month after that (2 months after shoot and 1 month from 1st rough cut) I get revisions and send them 2nd rough cut. Now 7 months later they have revisions for the next cut.

Once again they seem to be in a hurry to book edit time but the dates they want I'm already booked (with higher paying clients as my rates have gone up).

No issue with payment as they always pay for the booked day in advanced. I'll certainly have a day for them in the near future but I'm not going to push out clients who've already booked time.

I thought the story was so unusual that it was worth telling here.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]