BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

Re: Medical Insurance for Self Employed/Contractors

COW Forums : Business & Career Building

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bruce Bennett in Madison, WI
Re: Medical Insurance for Self Employed/Contractors
on Aug 10, 2007 at 5:08:20 am

Jacki,

This is my own personal experience...
I own my own business and do biz as a single employee/President of an LLC. Since I'm single and have no children, I have an individual policy. I can't get a company plan without having at least 2 employees in the "company." I pay about $135 per month, pay the first $1,500 in expenses per year, and a $2,500 major medical deductible. Med co-pays are very big. Every insurance policy offers "sh-terible" prescription co-pay plans.

Do you have a family or married? If so, then insurance costs about 1,000% more. Married = family policy (with or without kids), The Republicans have it set up that way with "free enterprise heath care":) Being single, I have an individual plan signed up with my personal data info that's paid with my LLC's debit card. It works with my accountant so I guess it's all legit.
If you're married, then I suggest that you get insurance via your significant other/husband/wife. Some of my colleagues that started their own businesses with paying for their family have paid up the nose.

Just my experience. There's a tremendous amount good biz members here at the COW. If they hop on this post, you'll get lots of good advice.

Bruce

Bruce Bennett,
Bennett Marketing & Media Production, LLC - http://www.bmmp.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]