Creative COWSIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
BUSINESS AND MARKETING:Business and Marketing ForumBusiness and Marketing ArticlesBusiness and Marketing Podcasts

Re: using copyrighted footage for showreel

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Social ShareSend Email MessageShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInComment
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mike CohenRe: using copyrighted footage for showreel
by on Nov 29, 2006 at 10:04:15 pm

If I was sent a demo reel which uses movie footage, my first thought would be "Wow, did this guy cut that trailer?" I think using recognizable materials is distracting.
Don't you have some existing work to showcase? I thought the point of a demo reel is to showcase your own work.
If you are trying to get new work based upon an example of your talents, I would do what the others have said, find a shooter with some footage you could use.
Or if you want to make a demo with say, a 30 sec spot, some talking heads/b-roll sequences and maybe some dialog, you could hire a shooter for a day and get some friends to be your actors. For maybe $1000 you can get some footage which is tailored to your needs - which is of course what happens when you get your editing jobs!
Good luck.

Mike Cohen

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Social ShareSend Email MessageShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInComment

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESJOBSNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn GroupCreative COW Facebook PageCreative COW on Twitter
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]