BUSINESS AND MARKETING: Business and Marketing Forum Business and Marketing Articles

I need advice on establishing VFX/Compositing rates

COW Forums : Business & Career Building

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Grillmaster
I need advice on establishing VFX/Compositing rates
on Aug 11, 2006 at 4:50:15 pm

I'm a full time Editor/VFX/Compositor... basicly I handle all post production for commercials at a local news station. I've been freelancing in the evenings from home and am working on building that into my future full-time job (less commuting). I recently established myself as an LLC and am picking up a few new clients. Most of my past work was for people I already had a relationship with and I did the work at a VERY reasonable rate. Now that these people are refering me to new clients, I need a real rate structure
I will be doing 2D and 3D compositing as well as 2D animation/motion graphics. I currently use Photoshop, After Effects and Illustrator and will be buying Shake in the near future.
How shold I charge? Day Rate, Per Job, Hourly or by the work (i.e. Compositing 2D is $??? per hour, and do you charge for render time?)
I know there are a lot of other variables that go into this equasion but any advice would be great! To complicate matters more, how much (roughly) are these skills/services worth?

Thanks, Chris

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]