Looking for a "Simple" Live Streaming Solution

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Lauren Kaiser
Looking for a "Simple" Live Streaming Solution
on May 31, 2018 at 7:30:45 pm

Hello,

I am in search of suggestions! I am looking to implement live streaming, but I am working within a few specific parameters, however there is a lot of flexibility.

Here's the basic background information of where I'm coming from and what I'm looking to do. I work for a university and currently we film many live events, classroom lectures, presentations etc. We are looking to implement live streaming. I am looking for simple over production value. Production value is still important, but ideally, I need one college student to be able to run a live stream.

We are currently using Canon XA10s, I would like to be able to use our current cameras. If possible I'd like to avoid having the cameras plugged into a laptop. Generally we use a rode shotgun mic and or a wireless lavalier mic with our cameras, I'd like to still be able to use those for the stream.

It doesn't really matter who hosts the stream, Facebook, YouTube, LiveStream, whatever.

I've only just begun researching, and so far I am think that the Broadcaster Pro by LiveStream looks promising. I'm really looking for suggestions though.

Again the main criteria is that I need a solution simple enough that one college student could run the whole thing. Buying additional, hardware, software etc is a-okay too. I'm just not sure where to start!

Thanks!

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]