FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Capture live PowerPoint presentation - solutions?

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jim Brown
Re: Capture live PowerPoint presentation - solutions?
on Apr 1, 2017 at 11:51:49 am

There is a product that addresses this need perfectly. I don't know if it is still available somewhere. I used back in the FCP7 days and it really worked great. It was called Presto by Red Giant (Plural Eyes) software. In it you would make a video of the presenter, a separate video of the PPT screen (only for transition reference. Can be low quality). You then lay down a track of your speaker video and your PPT video. The software then takes the XML of the project and combines it with the original PPT slides to create a great looking high quality video. It also employs recognition software to track the speaker and keep them in frame. Here is an old tutorial that describes the process.

https://support.redgiant.com/hc/en-us/articles/219074367-Presto-w-Premiere-...

Don't know the current status of the software. I could not find a reference on their web page. Might be worth a call to them.

We went to live switching as I previously indicated.

A couple of other cautions. You stated you do not know about projector interfaces and that people may want to use their own PPT computer. Two big red flags. You can get interfaces from laptops from VGA to DVI to HDMI. Switching computer interfaces in real time can be problematic. You will need as assortment of adapters and cables to accommodate all of them. And from experience, presenters show up 5 minutes before they go on stage to give you their laptop. And they want to play embedded audio from a video clip embedded in their presentation. ....and their video cards output a low resolution or older video resolution and aspect ratio. Nothing worse than a speaker providing a laptop with a 4:3 video and then complaining when it letterboxes on the screen. ...or vice versa. We insist on providing the PPT computers for these reasons. We can match displays (cable interface, resolution, aspect ratios, and audio requirements. These contribute to professional, seamless, and successful conferences. It greatly assists the post event processing, also.

Jim Brown
M&M Productions USA

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]