Creative COWSIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
BORIS FX:Boris FX ForumBoris FX TutorialsAfter EffectsMotion Graphics

Best way to compensate darker clips [due to resize against white bg] in Boris FX / Media100?

COW Forums : Boris FX

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Social ShareSend Email MessageShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInComment
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index

AjmetzBest way to compensate darker clips [due to resize against white bg] in Boris FX / Media100?
by on May 10, 2007 at 5:54:40 pm

Hi, I find it really annoying that if I take a clip, and make it smaller, and surround it with white polygons, the smaller clip becomes a lot darker. Even though I haven't made any light adjustments.
Then if I apply filters to lighten the clip, I never seem to be able to get a light setting that all the clips in the sequence look good in.

Is there something I'm missing here?

Am using Boris FX 6 with Media100 7.5
I have a video clip in the top right quarter of the screen,
and white polygons in the bottom and left of the the screen.
the video clip looks and renders a lot darker than it would if it was occupying the full screen.
How can I prevent this darkening, or, since this is a fairly common problem when I resize video, do you guys know of the best filter settings to apply to compensate?

Posts Index
Reply   Like  
Social ShareSend Email MessageShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInComment

Current Message Thread:
  • Best way to compensate darker clips [due to resize against white bg] in Boris FX / Media100? by Ajmetz on May 10, 2007 at 5:54:40 pm

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESJOBSNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn GroupCreative COW Facebook PageCreative COW on Twitter
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]