Re: Boris Red Training

COW Forums : Boris FX

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Alex Alexzander
Re: Boris Red Training
on May 20, 2006 at 5:37:08 pm

Hi Mark,

I am not implying anything about the quality of Creative Cow. Nor do I believe my thought would take traffic away from Cow. In my experience, the two types of communities have always held very different user-bases. You may have been with Cow since day one, but few people support the Cow as vigorously as I do. I don't write one page reviews for Cow. I write, and continue to write articles as large as multiple chapters for Cow. In this very thread, I am considering yet another article. So please, don't jump the gun on what I have suggested. I realize it looks odd in the forum, and does in fact come off the way you are supposing it does, but I assure you, it is not intended that way.

If you look at the context of the thread, you see why I wrote about a List. What people are saying about the Boris community is that there isn't much of it. The Boris forum on the BorisFX site for example leaves much to be desired. And unlike Final Cut Pro, there isn't a lot of competing forums on the various popular support sites. I won't mention all their names, but we both know whom I write about.

So when it was mentioned that not a lot of support is out there, and an upload area for users would be a good thing, that sounded like what the typical List provides for FCP and Avid. So the idea of List popped into my head. Not to take away from Cow at all. I wasn't even thinking in those terms. I was more reflecting on the various kinds of communities that exist for more popular applications, and the

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]