Creative COWSIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE ENCORE DVD:HomeForumTutorialsDVD Authoring

Avid to Encore Problems

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Social ShareSend Email MessageShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInComment
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jamie PantonAvid to Encore Problems
by on May 23, 2012 at 11:07:43 am

Hey guys, in a bit of trouble here, would appreciate some help. Long story cut short, had a friends Mac for a couple weeks to edit a film on. I was using Avid and exported the file as a Quicktime file, under the Avid DNxHD Codec. Expecting problems to arise I also used Handbrake and various other encoders to create different versions, so I've got various MPEG2/MPEGDVD/H264 files sat on my PC now (the Mac is gone)

I wanted to put the QT file into Encore, but when I did I got the message:

Quicktime and/or appropriate codecs do not appear to be installed.

No problem I thought, I'll just try out the various converted versions and see which looks best. They go onto DVDs fine, look good for a down conversion from HD to SD, but there is interlacing problems on the some of clips. I think it must be Encore, but going back to the original files and playing them on the computer - same problem. Doesn't look I clicked deinterlace in Handbrake, etc.!

My PC isn't super-power and I don't want to get bogged down in more conversions if I can help it. Is there anyway I can get the main QT file into Encore? I really need help here, deadline is in two days, everything else is ready to go.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Social ShareSend Email MessageShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInComment

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESJOBSNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn GroupCreative COW Facebook PageCreative COW on Twitter
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]