ADOBE ENCORE DVD: Forum Tutorials DVD Authoring

Re: Writing a project to a dual layer disc - Do I first have to use Digital Linear Tapes (DLT)?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

tommmm
Re: Writing a project to a dual layer disc - Do I first have to use Digital Linear Tapes (DLT)?
on Aug 17, 2006 at 6:16:33 pm

Hi Neil, this is in response to the question I asked and you answered on Matt's post. I dont want to hijack his thread, so I'll post it here.

My project is filled to the limit (7.95gb on a 7.96gb disc). To avoid the chances of the 'gotcha' problem, would it be best to further transcode on of the video files to give the project more free space?

Also I understand Encore won't allow you to manually choose the break point and you can't visually see where it automatically places it. Is there anyway to order the files in your project so they have a less chance of getting the layer break? For example I have one very important timeline and several 'extras' timelines. If I could eliminate the chance of the break happening on the main timeline that would be ideal. Is that possible through arranging the files in encore some how?

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]