ADOBE ENCORE DVD: Forum Tutorials DVD Authoring

Re: Writing a project to a dual layer disc - Do I first have to use Digital Linear Tapes (DLT)?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Alex Alexzander
Re: Writing a project to a dual layer disc - Do I first have to use Digital Linear Tapes (DLT)?
on Aug 17, 2006 at 5:30:28 am

Hi Neil,

You can use DVD-R, standard 4.7 GB discs to submit to replication with CSS and Macrovision. The trick to this is to create DDP images on the hard drive, and then copy those images to pure UDF DVD-R media. If you do that, and the replication facility is familiar with the technique, no DLTs are needed, and you will accomplish exactly what a DLT accomplishes.

The way this works is this:

You write your DVD-9 project to DDP 2.0 image files. I don't think Encore DVD has this feature, but DVD Studio Pro does. DVDAfterEdit does as well. Both are Mac though. But anything that writes DDP images to the hard drive can be used. ImageCopy from the Eclipse suite does this too. Gear does it, but it doesn't do a 2054 sector size, so it's a moot point I guess. But you get the idea. DDP images on Disc is something Eclipse 4 can handle without a problem.

-Alex

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]