ADOBE ENCORE DVD: Forum Tutorials DVD Authoring

further clarification of my confusion...

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jefffurther clarification of my confusion...
by on Jun 27, 2005 at 4:22:36 pm

I made a video opening/menu. The first 30 seconds is a one-time play, then I have the menu come up on the same video. The buttons appear on the menu 30 seconds in (in the video I created).

Now, I want to add functionality to those buttons, and I don't know how. I assume I can outline where each button is on the page and make them links to features in the DVD. I set the loop point for where the buttons appear, and it loops correctly back to that point.

But:

1) How do I get those buttons to be active? I need to somehow map out where they are on the screen and what they link to, so that when it hits the loop point, they'll work. I can't see the buttons in the menu editor, only the first frame of the video which doesn't have any buttons in it. (I can create the button position in photoshop -- is this what I do? And if so, what do I create since the text and click area in in my video, and hence I don't need to add any text if I create it in photoshop?)

2) How do I make it so that when someone completes viewing a selection, it comes back to the loop point of my firstplay menu, and not to show the first 30 seconds again? Is this clear what I'm asking here? The firstplay menu isn't a timeline, I've put the video into the menu, so I don't know how I would set a Chapter marker to say "play from Chapter 2" in order to not replay the first 30 seconds each time. Is this possible? Or do I need to make my main menu separate and not have the first 30 second piece on the same video?

This program looks like it has a lot of promise, but I'm having trouble with the Help section, can't find clear answers to what I'm seeking.

Thanks.

Posts IndexRead Thread

Current Message Thread:

© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]