SONY CINEALTA: Sony CineAlta HD Forum HDV Format Forum Sony CineAlta HD Articles

Opening FS5 Footage Recorded On Atomos Shogun

COW Forums : Sony Catalyst

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Nate Winspear
Opening FS5 Footage Recorded On Atomos Shogun
on Jun 19, 2018 at 3:31:37 am

Hi everyone,

In a bit of a bind here. I was asked to edit a trailer that was shot on a couple of FS5s with the RAW firmware update and recorded using an Atomos Shogun Inferno. Everything was given to me on a harddrive, footage separated by camera card. The problem is, I cannot open any of the footage. They are all MPEG-4 Quicktimes, 4112x2176, but I am clearly missing the codec. MediaInfo and VLC player both tell me it is a codec called aprh, but I have never heard of this codec, nor can I seem to find any information online about it.

I have tried to open these files in numerous editing (Premiere Pro, FCP X, After Effects, Resolve), players (VLC, QT & Soda Player) and media converters (MPEG Streamclip, Media Encoder, Handbrake & Compressor), all latest versions. I have I even tried installing Sony's Content Browser, but the latest version they have, says it is incompatible with my OS (OSX 10.12.6) and the RAW Viewer doesn't see the QT. As mentioned, MediaInfo does recognize the file, and all the metadata appears to be in tact.

Does anyone here have experience with this and know where I might be able to find this codec?

Any help would be amazing. Thanks

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]