SONY CINEALTA: Sony CineAlta HD Forum HDV Format Forum Sony CineAlta HD Articles

Fs7M2 Slog3 footage looks flat in EVF but when I bring into FCPX it looks way different

COW Forums : Sony EX, FS5/FS7 & Related

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jack Lane
Fs7M2 Slog3 footage looks flat in EVF but when I bring into FCPX it looks way different
on Jun 6, 2017 at 2:42:27 am

Let me preface with that this is a new camera for me, but I HAVE taken Doug Jensen's 6-hour course and Allister Chapman's courses and I have done extensive YouTube learning on this camera, as well.

I am shooting in Cine EI in Slog3cine and in the EVF it looks flat and great, like it is supposed to... I am exposing correctly with bright whites at 60 IRE.

I do not think I have any LUTs applied... Every thing is turned off in the menu, but when I bring the footage into FCPx the footage looks like it has color and contrast applied to it. If I look at the Root folder of the card, under "clip" and play one of the .mxf files it looks flat like it should.

When I shoot is Custom mode and choose Slog as my gamma the footage looks flat in EVF and flat in FCPx.

WHAT am I doing wrong here?? Thank you in advance.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]