SONY CINEALTA: Sony CineAlta HD Forum HDV Format Forum Sony CineAlta HD Articles

EX1 - Weird Focus Issues

COW Forums : Sony Cameras

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Scott Bruffey
EX1 - Weird Focus Issues
on Jun 27, 2014 at 5:38:35 pm

Twice now I've been on a shoot and the EX1 has suddenly experienced focal issues. I typically do head and shoulders interviews and I'll be back about ten feet from the subject so I can zoom in and pull focus, getting a nice shallow depth of field for blurring the background. But on two separate occasions, the EX1 will drift to focus on the background. I'll reset the focus on the subject and a second later the EX1 has once more set for the farthest point in the frame. Fortunately, I have an EX3 so I was able to pull that out and finish the shoots.

However, in between those two shoots, I used the EX1 without any issues at all. It seems that pulling the battery and making sure no power is hooked up, "clears" some temporary setting but I'm flummoxed as to what it is. I've never had this problem in six years prior but it's happened twice in the last two weeks. It's not auto focus as that would lock on the subject that's ten feet away and filling my frame. All settings are on full manual (I double checked) and shot transition was disabled.

Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks! :)

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]