SONY CINEALTA: Sony CineAlta HD Forum HDV Format Forum Sony CineAlta HD Articles

Re: EX1R colors and white balance problem

COW Forums : Sony EX, FS5/FS7 & Related

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Michael Slowe
Re: EX1R colors and white balance problem
on Aug 31, 2012 at 4:23:39 pm

Rawad, I endorse what has been written here about this camera, I've now shot four documentaries on my EX 1 in varied circumstances and found it produces great quality pictures (and audio). I tend to rely on the picture shown on the side screen when setting exposure and find it to be very accurate. I have not altered any settings for the screen since I got the camera new. Surely you are looking at the screen, did it show over exposure? Also, I often set my colour temperature (Kelvin figure) by looking at the screen and I have a number of Kelvin settings in various Picture Profiles, but the best way is to do a manual 'white card' balance if you have time.

Did you notice zebra markings on your screen which should have warned of over exposure? If you have to use manual iris due to lack of time when in 'run & gun' mode I find it to be pretty accurate but, as others have written, it's best to set iris manually, but look at your screen and try and get a good picture, that will be your best indication of what you'll get on your video.

Michael Slowe

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]