SONY CINEALTA: Sony CineAlta HD Forum HDV Format Forum Sony CineAlta HD Articles

Re: XDCam Saving Files

COW Forums : Sony EX, FS5/FS7 & Related

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

David Shirey
Re: XDCam Saving Files
on Nov 5, 2010 at 7:29:39 pm

Everyone is giving you good advice but if you're in a position where you know for certain that no other editor will ever need the raw files or the project is on a very strict budget, here's my advice. Take the BPAV folders and back them up onto one hard drive. Then use the Sony XDCAM Browser, or whatever you use, to put the mov files on a second hard drive. That way if the first drive got destroyed, you'd still have everything you need to edit in FCP, or if the second got destroyed you'd have the original files and could easily remake the mov's.

Personally we've been using EX-1's since the month they came out (early 2008 I think?) and our workflow has always been back up the BPAV folders onto two drives, then when we're ready to edit, import the footage onto the internal drive of whichever system is editing it. So far I've used nothing but Western Digital drives and never encountered a problem with the 20+ drives we've used, knock on wood.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]