SONY CINEALTA: Sony CineAlta HD Forum HDV Format Forum Sony CineAlta HD Articles

Re: Can EX-1 or EX-3 shoot fast moving objects with the "rolling shutter" issues

COW Forums : Sony EX, FS5/FS7 & Related

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

olof ekbergh
Re: Can EX-1 or EX-3 shoot fast moving objects with the "rolling shutter" issues
on Aug 21, 2010 at 8:01:27 pm

To be sure I would rent the EXcam and do a test shoot.

There definitely is a skew effect in fast pans, but only on the background, if you are following an object.

I do a lot of shooting of boats and jet-skis. And I have never had a problem with a shot, that a client pointed out, even though I can see the effect, because I know of it.

If you want to see a good demonstration of the effect do rapid swish-pans continually changing direction, with vertical lines like doors and windows or distant houses or flagpoles. The effect is like a funhouse mirror. But how often do you shoot like that? I have never actually used a shot like that.

I do know some shooters that do car races with long lenses that find CMOS chips unusable. But I also know several who shoot Nascar and short track, for broadcast, with EXcams and never even commented on the effect.

Olof Ekbergh

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]