SONY CINEALTA: Sony CineAlta HD Forum HDV Format Forum Sony CineAlta HD Articles

Duplicate clip numbers on card?

COW Forums : Sony EX, FS5/FS7 & Related

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Dave Gilmour
Duplicate clip numbers on card?
on Oct 31, 2008 at 6:06:25 pm

Hi. I'm a production manager in a small creative house, and we just purchased an EX-3 a couple of weeks ago.

I sent the camera out on a 2 day shoot with 8, 16, and 32 gig cards, as well as the 60 gig HDD, with a 250 gig backup mirrored drive.

The original clips were backed up on the mirrored drive by inserting the cards into a Macbook pro, and dragging the BPAV folder directly from the card to the drive. After the producer had verified that the clips were on the hard drive using clip browser, the card when re-used was erased in the camera.

Problem being, I am noticing that the camera (after setting the first three letters of the clips to the project code) after recording the first card ***_0001_01 to ***0081_1 then named clips on the second card ***_0042_01 to ***_0071_1. According to the producer and shooter, no camera reset was done. The rest of the clips that came back were named properly in sequence.

1) Anyone experienced this phantom clip renaming?
2) Now I need to rename 81 clips - any suggestions how to rename these (5 items in each clip folder) quickly?

Thanks

dave

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]