SONY CINEALTA: Sony CineAlta HD Forum HDV Format Forum Sony CineAlta HD Articles

A pickle of a jam. "Undeleted" mp4 files need restoring.

COW Forums : Sony EX, FS5/FS7 & Related

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

David Shirey
A pickle of a jam. "Undeleted" mp4 files need restoring.
on Oct 29, 2008 at 4:37:04 am

Well, it finally happened. On a mac formatted drive we deleted and emptied the trash on some bpav folders that we still needed. We caught the problem moments later, and using the FileSalvage program were able to "restore" the deleted files. It threw roughly 1,900 mp4 files into a folder marked "mp4" and numbered them in the order they were recovered.

So here's where I am. I need about 400 of those 1,900 files, but all the original file names are gone. I transferred them over to an ntfs external drive so i can easily browse through them on my pc. I can view then in gmplayer, but Sony ClipBrowser 2 won't import any of them. I've had clipbrowser2 open orphaned mp4 files before, but apparently something in the restoration process has made clipbrowser not able to open them. If the video still plays in a stand-alone video player, certainly the data is still there and usable. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to import these back-from-the-dead mp4's into either Sony Vegas Pro 8 or FCP 6? Any help would be appreciated.

-Dave

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]