SONY CINEALTA: Sony CineAlta HD Forum HDV Format Forum Sony CineAlta HD Articles

Re: EX-1 mastered to dvcam

COW Forums : Sony EX, FS5/FS7 & Related

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ali Jafri
Re: EX-1 mastered to dvcam
on Jul 7, 2008 at 2:25:19 pm

Lets suppose that I'll never have to upgrade to HD from DVCAM, because that certainly seems the case in this country. It would be redundant to "think ahead" because all that'll change is software and hardware and cameras and stuff like that. The networks here will always ask for a DVCAM at the end of the day. They don't even want data files in any format, they simply want DVCAMS. They then capture these DVCAMS onto their systems to be streamed for broadcast!

Anyway, my predicament still stands. Keeping in mind the DVCAM master that I need to end up with, would it be wise to invest in an EX-1? If so, what would be the best workflow? Please don't say that HD will eventually come into being here because it won't, please don't say that I should "think ahead" because I already am.

Which camera would best suit my purpose? I currently own a Sony FX1 with a BeachTek mic preamp which suits my purposes for the time being. I don't have to downconvert or upconvert anything, i simply stay in the DV format. What benefits (if any) would I get investing in the EX-1? Or would it just be overkill for my mastering needs?

--------------------------------------------
Some people see things that are and ask, Why?
Some people dream of things that never were and ask, Why not?
Some people have to go to work and don't have time for all that.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]