SONY CINEALTA: Sony CineAlta HD Forum HDV Format Forum Sony CineAlta HD Articles

Re: EX1 shot at 1080p SP 23.98 Transfers at 59.94

COW Forums : Sony EX, FS5/FS7 & Related

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Dan Powers
Re: EX1 shot at 1080p SP 23.98 Transfers at 59.94
on Jun 24, 2008 at 10:36:51 pm

I am sure your 1080p HQ footage did look progressive since it is. THe problem is that we used the 1080p SP setting for an extended record time for an event and that SP mode is field interlaced instead of progressive. Thanks sony for that inconsistency.
Right now I have applies the Nattress Plug In to remove the 3:2 and it is working out well but will add to the render.

From my experience no mater what composition settings and field settings you use in FCP or any other editor for that matter, if the source is field interlaced and you scale it down you have to options. One is to let the fields also scale down and look like crap, or to deinterlace the footage and have it basically be field doubled so you have half resolution. I have never found any application that will scale fields and have them align with where they should be in the new scaled position. It will usually field blend any time a scale is applied and your resolution will be altered. Thus the reason for wanting a progressive source. Lesson learned. Dont us the SP mode on the EX1. Rather pointless unless you are going to deliver in 1080 resolution and fields are ok.

Thanks for the input.
Dan Powers

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]