SONY CINEALTA: Sony CineAlta HD Forum HDV Format Forum Sony CineAlta HD Articles

Upgrade HDR-FX1 for XDCAM EX

COW Forums : Sony EX, FS5/FS7 & Related

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Nick Righton
Upgrade HDR-FX1 for XDCAM EX
on Nov 6, 2007 at 4:17:37 am

I currently use a Sony HDR-FX1 camera connected via firewire to a Miranda HDV Bridge connected via HD-SDI to a AJA Kona Lhe on a Mac Pro for live video capture of a Sermon (single camera mid shot talking head). The camera is 60 feet from the speaker and 150 feet from the control room. I use the HDSDI signal to transmit the video digitally over the extended length (firewire will only yield 50 feet without boosting which I can not accomplish due to a smaller conduit. Anyway, I have had the computer crash during capture and dropped frames on the HDV tape master. I am frustrated but at the same time don't expect the word from a lower budgeted production. Now that you have the back story I will get to the meat of the mater. Two questions...

1. Would I see a noticeable difference in picture quality between the FX1 and XDCAM EX?

2. Should I suggest spending the extra money for a larger camera (like the panny HPX3000 or Sony F335)

Thanks,

Nick RIghton

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]