HP Dreamcolor z27x factory calibration reddish / red tint

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Benjamin Zimmermann
HP Dreamcolor z27x factory calibration reddish / red tint
on Oct 21, 2015 at 4:41:20 pm

Hi Everyone,

I bought a new Dreamcolor z27x Monitor mainly for Editing on Premiere CC2015 and doing motion Design / VFX on After Effects through my Black Magic Studio 4K via HDMI on Win7. Since HP affirms that the monitor is pre calibrated by the factory on the product page and in the manual, I was looking forward being finally able to work in a trustful color environment. Unfortunately I found that the Monitor has a red tint out of the box, so that pure white looks a little bit pink and 50% grey is also not free of red (even with the built-in test patterns and no input cable plugged into the device).

HP sent me a new display after calling their support hotline, but same result, also reddish. Now they pretend that this is a typical if the monitor is not calibrated and that I need the HP calibration tool in order to have the right color balance. I think this a shame for a so called professional 10 bit device with all the main color spaces integrated.
Can some of you tell me your experience? Is it usual that the dreamcolor is delivered with such wrong colors? Do you think it will be correct after calibrating with the HP calibration tool? Or is this more a manufacturing error? Thank you for help!

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]