Re: Macbook Pro HDMI to SDI problems

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Christopher Savo
Re: Macbook Pro HDMI to SDI problems
on Nov 27, 2013 at 12:17:03 am

Hey Korkie,

Sorry for my delayed response. I am very bad about checking my Personal e-mail at times. If you are uisng the Blackmagic mini converter that I linked above I can guarantee you that NO MATTER what a tech from Blackmagic tells you it will not work reliably with a computer. I was only successfully able to get the mini converter to work for about 5 minutes when I first bought it and I was told that was a fluke because possibly at that point my computer was not sending out a copyrighted signal.

If you were to ask me I would recommend going away from Blackmagic completely for this conversion. Since I last posted I have returned the Blackmagic DVI Extender and successfully setup my system using the Matrox unit that was recommended by others above. It really is a great unit with many features and things none of the Blackmagic or Kramer products had and I especially love the fact that it is has options for either Stand Alone or computer control (In this case I guess you really do get what you pay for). I do have some other Blackmagic converters in my system working great, just not one to convert a computer signal.

Hope this response helps!

Chris

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]